Union Bank of India hiring for Independent External Monitors
Union Bank of India
Job Role :
Independent External Monitors
Job Location :
Last Date :
14 Oct 2016
Company Profile:Union Bank of India was established on 11th November 1919 with its headquarters in the city of Bombay now known as Mumbai.
The Head Office building of the Bank in Mumbai was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the nation in the year 1921, and he said on the occasion.
We should have the ability to carry on a big bank, to manage efficiently crore of rupees in the course of our national activities. Though we have not many banks amongst us, it does not follow that we are not capable of efficiently managing crore and tens of crore of rupees.
Job Responsibilities:1. IEM would have access to all contract documents, whenever required. Ideally, all IEMs of an organization should meet in two months to take stock of the ongoing tendering processes.
2. It would be desirable to have structured meeting of the IEMs with the Chief Executive of the organization on a monthly basis to discuss/review the information on tenders awarded in the previous month.
3. The IEMs would examine all complaints received by them and give their recommendations/views to the Chief Executive of the organization, at the earliest. They may also send their report directly to the CVO and the Commission, in case of suspicion of serious irregularities requiring legal administrative action.
4. At least one IEM should be invariably cited in the Notice Inviting Tender (NIT). However, for ensuring the desired transparency and objectivity in dealing with the complaints arising out of any tendering process, the matter should be examined by the full panel of IEMs, who would look into the records, conduct an investigation, and submit their joint recommendation to the Management.
5. The recommendation of IEMs would be in the nature of advice and would not be legally binding. At the same time, it must be understood that IEMs are not consultants to the Management. Their role is independent in nature and the advice once tendered would not be subject to review at the request of the organization.
6. The role of the CVO of the organization shall remain unaffected by the presence of IEMs. A matter being examined by the IEMs can be separately investigated by the CVO in terms of the provisions of the CVC Act or Vigilance Manual, if a complaint is received by him or directed to him by the Commission.
7. The applicants may refer to relevant instructions on the role of the IEM available on the website of the CVC at www.cvc.gov.in.
Eligibility Details:1. The applicant should be retired Executive, not below the rank of General Manager of any Central PSE/ Central PSU / Public Sector Bank (other than United Bank of India), retired Joint Secretary / Addl. Secretary/Secretary in Government of India or equivalent in State Government.
2. The applicant should be person of high integrity and reputation.
3. Person already appointed as IEM in two organizations would not be considered.
4. The applicant shall have reasonable knowledge of IT Hardware / Software/ Services or in the matter pertaining to premises or other procurement.
5. It is desirable that the applicant possess domain experience of the CPSE / PSB /CPSU activities or relevant field with which they may be required to deal.
6. Age: Not above 65 years as on date of application.
Other Details:1. The applicant should have been involved in high value public procurement process and should be conversant with CVC guidelines on the same.
2. The Applicant should not have been awarded any major disciplinary penalty during erstwhile service or any disciplinary action/case is pending for decision/judgment with any committee / court of Law or with any other competent authority.
How to Apply:Interested applicants should send their application in prescribed Bio-data (enclosed herewith) in sealed envelope, by courier/ post to the following address so as to reach on or before 3.00 P.M. on 14/10/2016.
General Manager (HR),
United Bank of India,
Human Resources Development Department,
Head Office, 8th Floor, 11,
Hemanta Basu Sarani, Kolkata - 700001,
The envelope should be super scribed ?Application for Independent External Monitor?.